The 340B Drug Pricing Program has been a hot topic recently because of suggestions sent to Congress asking for restrictions on the program. Currently the program requires drug manufacturers to supply eligible health care facilities with outpatient drugs at significantly reduced prices. Facilities utilize this program to assist with treatments for low-income, uninsured or underinsured patients. Over 4,700 physicians recently signed a letter that was sent to Congress in support of the program.
ClaimAid will continue to monitor this subject and inform clients of any change to the program.
How can ClaimAid help?
- Eligible organizations must qualify and be enrolled with the 340B Program.
- Registration periods are open four times throughout the year and are processed in quarterly cycles.
- ClaimAid can guide you through the program requirements. Once enrolled, we can help you maintain your 340B status.
What are the benefits to you?
- Qualifying for the 340B Program meets the needs of your low-income, uninsured and underinsured patients while stretching tax dollars.
- This can add up to significant savings for you to improve and expand services even with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) reforms.
- You will be better equipped to treat individuals and provide a wonderful community service.